Please contact us with your suggestions for additional directory listings.
BRINGING BABY HOME
“We know that the real foundation for a child’s development is the quality of the couple’s relationship and emotional life”
This workshop focuses on helping couples who are experiencing the transition to parenthood by teaching skills to help them strengthen their bond, increase intimacy and regulate conflict.
The course also teaches couples about child development, helps them learn how to co-parent with their partner and discover ways to keep both parents involved. The program teaches sensitive and responsive parenting and promotes the development, social, cognitive and physical development. Also BBH encourages early parent-infant dialogue, which according to research on academic success, serves as the foundation for childhood literacy.
What you will learn:
What to expect during the transition to parenthood
- How to strengthen friendship, intimacy and build a strong foundation for your family
- Learn how to regulate conflict
- Learn about child development and how to co-parent with you partner
- Understand the signs of postpartum blues and depression
- Create a plan to keep dad involved
“The greatest gift you can give your child is a strong relationship between the two of you” – John Gottman
The course is delivered by certified Gottman Trainer though the Sea to Sky Corridor several times per year and is funded by the Sea to Sky Putting Children First ECD initiative.
For scheduling information please contact:
- Julia Wayatt: email@example.com (Certified Gottman Trainer)
- PCFI Coordinator Julia Black: firstname.lastname@example.org